Kidepo National Valley Park Package
This Safari Package takes you to Africa’s 3rd best national park, Kidepo Valley National Park. The park is situated in the beautiful dry lands and valleys overseeing Ugandan’s frontiers with South Sudan and Kenya. It was gazetted in 1962 and spans an area of 1,442 square kilometers. The park is the most isolated protected area from Kampala (about 700 km) and boasts about 75 mammal species, and 470 bird species and is inhabited by the Karamojong pastoral communities.
DAY 1: Transfer to Gulu Town via Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- You will be picked up from your hotel after breakfast and driven to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino tracking. This on foot activity will take approximately two hours.
- You will then have a brief stop at Kabalega diner for Lunch and a deserved break.
- After Lunch, proceed to Gulu town via Karuma falls along the Nile River.
- Check into your hotel room, proceed to the swimming pool or sauna and steam bath for relaxation and you prepare for the next day’s adventures.
Accommodation: Boma Hotel. Mid- Range. Dinner and Breakfast.
Day 2: Transfer to Kidepo Valley National Park via Aruu Falls
- After your breakfast, you will proceed to the magnificent Aruu falls in Pader district.
- The falls provide a movie like experience as the water cascades over the rocks.
- You may opt to feel the waters but with caution while enjoying the cool breeze.
- Later, depart for Kidepo Valley with lunch stopover in Kitgum town.
- You will love the scenery on the way and marvel at the beautifully grass thatched huts well spread out in the hills that separate Acholi Land from Karamoja.
- Arrive at the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Adere Safari Lodge. Mid- Range. B.L.D
Day 3: Morning and Evening Game Drives
- An early breakfast will be followed by a game drive in Narus Valley in search of wildlife species like Cheetahs, rock lions, caracals, and Bat-eared foxes among others.
- The permanent water point in the valley attracts large herds of animals to drink and feed. Notable are the large herds of buffalos and the chances of seeing the big cats in action hunting and the dwarf crocodiles.
- On a lucky day, you will also see the rare cheetahs. You will then return to the lodge for lunch.
- After lunch, you will have a relaxation and later return to the valley for an evening game drive.
- You will head out for another game drive to catch sight of wildlife that you could have missed during the morning game drive.
- The park has observation points with binoculars to help you spot animals from afar.
Some of the bird species to look out for include Kori Bustard and Common Ostrich.
- You will then return to the lodge for short relaxation and overnight.
Accomodation: Adere Safari Lodge. Mid- Range.
Day 4: Cultural Experience and Transfer to Kampala.
- After your breakfast, you will visit the Manyattas for a cultural experience.
- While there, you will have a variety of activities to choose from. These include milking the cows, simple hunting demonstrations, blood suckling from the cows, thatching the traditional houses and of course, participating in the famous Mori traditional dance.
- You can also purchase locally-made handicrafts before you start your journey back to Kampala.
- Along the way, you will pass through many local villages.
- You can choose to have lunch with the village people as you learn more about their culture before you embark on your return Journey to Kampala to End the Safari.
- Transport in a 4×4 safari Vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking driver guide.
- All round safari Fuel.
- Accommodation, Meals & Drinking Water.
- Park Entry fees.
- Game drives.
- Rhino tracking fees.
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Laundry, Phone calls & bar bills.
- Personal/travel insurance.
- Air fare (unless requested).
- Driver guide’s gratuity (recommended).
- All Other Services of a personal nature.
- Entry visa into Uganda.
- All kinds of drinks except water.
- Any activity stated as “OPTIONAL”.